There’s no doubt that the modern workplace increasingly relies on digital technology. Amazingly, paper-based forms and processes are still commonplace across organizations of all sizes. Examples abound from patient information … Continue reading A five-phase roadmap for digital transformation
The speed of technology evolution has forced enterprises to reimagine and redesign their business processes. The digital revolution has now moved well past convenient apps that let you order food … Continue reading How To Achieve Digital Transformation With Low-Code Development Platforms
Workflow automation is the foundation of digital transformation. But, automating everyday processes isn’t always easy. Dynamic forms, complex routing, e-signatures, mobility and more … it’s a lot to handle and that’s if you can find the necessary programming talent. What if your existing people could do it all using simple visual tools? Watch this brief video to see how easy it is with frevvo’s 100% visual, low-code platform.
To learn more, visit our website, try frevvo absolutely free for 30 days or contact us for more information.
In previous articles, we’ve written about how workflow automation is the foundation of digital transformation. Ultimately, it’s not technology but the people and processes in your organization that can truly drive transformation of any kind.
Digitizing day-to-day workflows can be a lot of work
Consider what it takes to digitize your routine day-to-day workflows (Purchase Order or Travel Authorization).
- All involve forms (spreadsheets, paper, PDF …) that must be created. Business forms aren’t trivial – they usually involve dynamic behavior, lookups, and business rules. They’re typically long with many fields.
- Business workflows often have lots of conditional and dynamic routing e.g. if Amount > $5,000 you have to get additional approval or if Employee is in NY route to this manager but in CA to this other manager and so on.
- They routinely have to work with business systems like SQL databases, HR systems etc. to pull data as well as update records.
- Your users all have the latest smartphone and expect slick, responsive user interfaces. Your digitized workflow had better not look anything like the UI from just a few years back.
- You must provide 24×7 access from anywhere and using any device. Nowadays, everyone uses their mobile device and there are a zillion varieties.
- There’s more – e-signatures, security, document generation …
It’s a lot to handle. Of course, that’s if you can find the necessary programming talent, have a large enough budget and enough time. No wonder so many organizations are still using email-based and in some cases even paper-based workflows.
Visual, low-code platforms really work
Modern, low-code platforms like frevvo really do make it much easier to automate by addressing some huge challenges. Consider these advantages:
- It’s trivial to create forms – simply drag & drop fields and arrange them as desired. Anyone can do it.
- Dynamic behavior? Business rules? No problem – frevvo has 100% visual wizards for a vast array of dynamic operations such as show/hide parts of the form, perform calculations, autofill dates or personal information. Again, anyone can use these visual wizards to create dynamic behavior.
- Got routing? It’s easy with frevvo – drag & drop to create your workflow and setup routing and a host of other workflow-related properties visually. Conditional routing is also easy to setup visually. Anyone can do it.
- frevvo just works on mobile devices – you don’t have to lift a finger. The forms, workflows, task list are all responsive and automatically adjust to the screen size of your device. 24×7 access, anywhere on any device? It’s a piece of cake and anyone can do it.
- E-signatures, document (PDF) generation, SQL integration, secure authentication and authorization, encryption – all built in.
Lots of customers are already benefiting. They’re automating workflows in record time and empowering citizen developers (existing employees) rather than recruiting expensive, hard-to-find professional coders. Why not give it a whirl? Sign up for a free trial and see for yourself. It takes 30 seconds, and you can install a template and try it out instantly.
Low code development platforms have rapidly became a major strategic investment for organizations. These tools were initially intended for developing basic departmental applications, but they are now playing a major … Continue reading State of Low Code Development Platforms – Era of Tech Warriors without Tech Knowledge
It’s 2018. By now, your organization surely realizes that digital transformation is no joke and an absolute must for business innovation. The momentum is too great and companies unwilling to embrace it will find themselves at extreme risk of digital disruption and will quickly fall to irrelevance. Those that fully embrace digital transformation will find that it gives them a massive edge over their competitors regardless of industry.
So, what should you as a business leader consider as your organization races towards its digital future?
1. Every company is a software company
Whether you’re in insurance, healthcare, education or any other industry, you have to think of yourself as a tech company. American and United obviously have massive physical operations in order to get their planes from Boston to San Francisco but the vast majority of the customer experience, flight operations, booking services etc. are completely digitized. From efficient websites and mobile apps to the insides of these organizations, software plays a huge part.
2. The user experience is paramount
This one’s just plain common sense. For example, consumers have repeatedly demonstrated that they will forgo any notion of privacy for an amazing user experience. Digital and mobile are now so deeply embedded in customers’ lives that they will actively gravitate towards competitors if you fail to provide visually pleasing digital experiences that are lightning-fast, available 24×7, and work seamlessly on mobile.
3. Delivering a top-notch user experience requires a modern I.T. framework.
Required ≠ Easy. There are many barriers to actually delivering a seamless mobile experience. Like most organizations, I.T. is probably underwater and simply cannot keep up with the speed and agility demands of the modern enterprise. It’s not unusual for a mobile app to take 1+ year and $1M+ to develop. In spite of this, 60% of corporate apps end up abandoned anyway. And, that’s if you can find people with the requisite skills.
A modern I.T. framework built around a low-code, visual platform like frevvo can make a dramatic difference. It doesn’t required the same skill set as native app development. As a result, citizen developers (not professional coders-by-trade) can drag & drop and use wizards to deliver real results. That frees up I.T. to meet other business needs.
Best of all, the resulting app delivers a fantastic user experience, works automatically on all mobile devices, is fast & responsive and runs in frevvo’s Cloud with its 24×7 availability, security and fast performance.
Learn more by visiting our website and sign up for a free trial.
medi is a leading and cutting-edge manufacturer of medical aids, sports textiles and fashion products that combine precision effectiveness with maximum comfort. They have a number of Sales Reps in … Continue reading medi USA automated Credit and Contracts processes. The benefits are enormous!
Every business has its own set of approval processes. The general concept is straightforward: deliver information from Point A to Point B with all the required checks, authorizations and reviews. At the same time, the world is now online, mobile and 24×7. Paper- and email-based processes are ill-adapted to function in this environment. Workflow Automation helps you transition these key processes online so they work on mobile, are available 24×7 and operate efficiently.
The problem is that there are dozens of processes from Finance to HR to Sales & Marketing to Operations, and I.T. organizations simply cannot cope. Using traditional approaches to software development, automating these workflows would take years and cost an astronomical sum of money. These methods cannot keep up with the speed and agility demands of the modern enterprise.
That’s where a platform like frevvo can make a huge difference. The 100% visual, low-code solution delivers extraordinary capabilities:
- Visual form & workflow design
- Point-and-click integration using wizards
- Visual business rules
- Built-in Mobility
- A fast, beautiful user experience
- Top-notch customer support, security
- and more …
Download this white paper which discusses workflow automation, how your organization can benefit, and how you can evaluate and deploy a visual, low-code platform like frevvo for your automation needs.
Visit our website to learn more and sign up for a free trial.
Salesforce Research published their 2016 State of I.T. report yesterday with many interesting insights.
72% of high performing companies develop an app in three months or less.
Once gain, the report clearly highlights the importance of being able to react and respond quickly to rapid changes in business conditions. And, as we’ve said before, the #1 challenge facing organizations today in this area is a shortage of talent.
Your talented employees should be helping customers and taking advantage of new business opportunities. Why would you have them chasing paper or trying to track down an approval that’s stuck on the CFO’s desk? It makes no sense.
That’s where frevvo can help. You can start with a pre-built template, customize it to meet your unique business needs, deploy it securely in the Cloud (or On-Premise if you prefer), and do it all in days. It’ll automatically work on mobile devices. You don’t have to do anything.
Visit our website to find solutions for your business needs and try frevvo free for 30 days.