Google for Work is an awesome suite of apps that brings together essential services for your business. It’s amazingly cost effective, cloud-based and you can access it anywhere, anytime. Add frevvo web forms and workflows to the mix and there’s so much you can do. Check out the short 5 min video below to learn more.
Google Forms is a great free option for the simplest forms. But, business forms very quickly go beyond the basics and frevvo is a powerful and affordable option. So, why should you pay for forms? Here are a few real-world reasons. Click this link if you prefer to watch a 5m video.
- Confirmation email: You’ve put up an event registration form and you’re collecting responses in a Google Spreadsheet. Obviously, you want to send a confirmation email. With Google forms, get ready to write code. With frevvo, it’s a few clicks in a wizard.
- Signatures: It’s one of the most common things you might do. From Emergency Contact forms for students to Purchase Requisitions to Employee On-boarding to Patient Information, everyone needs to collect a signature. With frevvo, sign using your finger on a touchscreen device or a mouse on the desktop. No need for wasteful printing and scanning. Try an example now.
- PDF Generation: Sometimes you just have to generate a specific PDF. Maybe a Government W-4 or I-9 for HR or a Permission form that needs to be filed away. Another thing that frevvo just does without a fuss. Try an example now.
- Workflow: Forms rarely live by themselves. Most business forms have an associated workflow where person 1 fills out the forms and others comment, review, and sign them. frevvo comes with built-in routing, notifications, task lists, audit trails and more. Watch this 3m video to learn more.
- Responsive, mobile forms: Need to support smart phones and tablets? Of course, you do. With frevvo, there’s nothing to do. Our forms and workflows just work automatically and naturally on all devices. Watch this 4 min video, check out these blog articles or try any of the examples in this article.
- Attachments: Expense reports, purchase orders, student applications you name it – users need to attach supporting documents all the time. Just drag in an Upload control and it just works with frevvo. On a mobile device, users can just take a photo with the camera and attach it. Another thing you simply can’t do with Google Forms. Try an example now.
- Save documents to Google Drive: Ok, your form or workflow is now generating some documents – a PDF or two, some attachments. What to do with them? Email, print and file them away? frevvo integrates with Google Drive so you can simply save your documents online so they’re easy to find, backed up and secure. Try an example here.
- Dynamic pick lists from a Google Spreadsheet: Do you have dynamic forms? For example, the user picks a value from a pick list and the form needs to do something – maybe populate a few other fields from some back end. With frevvo, you can pull this dynamic information from a Google Spreadsheet no less. Try an example here. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. frevvo forms are incredibly dynamic and sophisticated – database, REST services, XML/XSD it’s all built-in.
- Multiple languages: Unprecedented demographic shifts in the U.S. are creating a communications gap between organizations and their customers. frevvo can help you combat these language barriers. Provide access in multiple languages (frevvo works in all languages worldwide) so they can provide important information easily and accurately. When complete, the system can generate PDF confirmations in multiple languages. Try an example here: Spanish version and English version.
- Calculations: frevvo forms can perform sophisticated calculations including using cloud services. Try this example that does automatic mileage calculations using the Google Distance Matrix API. Subtotals and totals, tax calculations etc. – it’s a normal requirement for business forms and trivial to do with frevvo.
- Bonus Reason – LOOKS: Let’s face it. Good looks matter. The nicer your forms look and the better the user experience, the more likely it is that users will complete your forms and do so accurately. frevvo looks fantastic everywhere, strives for a people-first user experience, is easy to brand and customize and provides a world-class user experience.
There’s a lot more like an intuitive drag & drop Form Builder, Conditional Sections, Spaces (built-in portals), Geo-Location, sophisticated XML/XSD-based integration, powerful API for embedding, Database connectivity, LDAP support and on and on and on …
With frevvo, it’s trivial to save your submissions to a Google spreadsheet.
- Drag and drop to create your form as usual.
- You can include sophisticated layouts, signatures, PDF, calculations etc.
- Create your Google spreadsheet.
- Run the Google Spreadsheets wizard to connect the form/flow to the spreadsheet.
Check out this short 5-question quiz. It has 3 pages, has several types of questions – free text, multiple choice with one/more correct answers, an image, and a video-based question. The quiz cannot be submitted unless all answers are completed. When you Finish the quiz, your answers are saved to this Google Spreadsheet and the spreadsheet is displayed. Try it out for yourself by clicking the image or this link. Try it on your mobile device.
There are many powerful things you can do with frevvo + Google Apps. Click the Google Apps category above for more articles and examples or contact us to learn how you can automate your approval workflows and integrate with Google Apps to manage your documents and reports.
Google Apps includes Sheets, using which you can create powerful online spreadsheets. frevvo forms and flows integrate with Sheets so you can save submissions to a spreadsheet. But that’s not all – Sheets includes some sophisticated capabilities including charts, queries, filters etc. and you can leverage these for powerful data analysis on your submission data.
We’ve created a simple example. Click the image or this link. You’ll see a simple frevvo form with a few fields. Fill it in (all fields are required) and click Submit. The form adds your submission data to a Sheet and shows it. You’ll see your submission in the last row.
But, the spreadsheet also contains two other worksheets (the Tabs at the bottom). The first one (Geo Location) runs a query on the raw submission data and groups submissions by country. The Sheets Query language is very general and allows SQL-like queries. For example, the table in the Geo Location worksheet is generated using =QUERY(Results!A2:E2012, “select C, count(B) where E > 0 group by C”). Now that we have the data by country in a nice tabular format, we can generate a nice chart that plots submissions by country on a world map.
The second one (Pie Chart) runs a similar query except that it sums pledge amounts by country and by position. Once again, we have the required data in a table and can generate pie charts to report on the data.
In this way, you can use frevvo’s Google Connector and Sheets to create advanced reports, charts and analytics based on your form submissions. There’s a lot more you can do and we’ll be creating more examples over time.
Does your organization use Google Apps? Contact us to learn how you can automate your approval workflows and integrate with Google Apps to manage your documents and reports.