Change is inevitable. Business speed is accelerating relentlessly. Think about it: Uber and AirBnb didn’t really exist 10 years ago. Today, they’re giants that have caused massive upheaval in major, entrenched industries.Continue reading “The future of work – Accelerating Change!”
Workflow automation is the foundation of digital transformation. But, automating everyday processes isn’t always easy. Dynamic forms, complex routing, e-signatures, mobility and more … it’s a lot to handle and that’s if you can find the necessary programming talent. What if your existing people could do it all using simple visual tools? Watch this brief video to see how easy it is with frevvo’s 100% visual, low-code platform.
To learn more, visit our website, try frevvo absolutely free for 30 days or contact us for more information.
With leading menswear retailers such as Men’s Wearhouse and Jos. A. Bank, Tailored Brands provides a one-of-a-kind shopping experience with compelling products and world-class service via their 1400+ locations in the U.S. and Canada.
They were using a different product which generated very large files, required local emails, was hard to use for dynamic forms and was expensive to maintain. Their Manager of Intranet, Jim Rinke, decided to investigate alternative products for their digital transformation journey.
After a lengthy search, Tailored Brands selected frevvo in 2011 for its drag-and-drop design, robust dynamic forms, 100% browser-based interface and the ability to route the form to different recipients based on user data.
“We were looking to replace the product we were using with a system that would work in our 1400+ stores.
Our forms are highly dynamic and can have complex business requirements. Using frevvo’s visual designers, we’ve now implemented 100+ forms & workflows. frevvo Cloud just works and meets our needs at reasonable cost.”
– Jim Rinke, Manager, Intranet & Documentation
Using frevvo’s low-code, visual solution, Tailored Brands’ team of just 2 people has now implemented 104 forms and workflows for a wide variety of use cases such as Inventory Request, Store Appearance Checks by multi-unit managers, Theft/Robbery/Damage forms, Employee or Customer Injuries and others.
The benefits are enormous:
- Previous forms were seamlessly replaced with online versions.
- Small file sizes mean they work fast and efficiently in the store locations.
- Dynamic behavior is easy and the forms automatically show/hide sections based on user data, perform calculations etc.
- Built-in mobile allows employees to use an iPad to complete forms.
Tailored Brands intends to continue rolling out additional forms and workflows, especially workflows that can route directly to an email address (anonymous user).
Learn more by visiting our website.
“frevvo’s modern online system is easy to use, has all the capabilities we need and is affordably priced. Their outstanding customer support and willingness to work with us made it the right choice for our County.”
– Jackie Solomon Director, Information Technology, Hood County, TX
Success stories are our favorite thing to hear, talk about, and share with the world. Hood County’s electronic blood warrant workflow is a particularly interesting case. In DWI cases, a Blood Warrant is required by law before administering a blood test. Prior to automation with frevvo, this process could take hours to complete:
- A paper warrant form is filled out by an officer.
- The officer is then sworn in by a magistrate and signs the warrant form.
- Finally, it is approved and signed by the magistrate.
These steps were tedious for the staff as it became expensive and time consuming. Hood County’s regular tasks were interfering with business agility. That’s when they called frevvo.
By converting manual processes into mobile-enabled, automated workflows with electronic signatures, the County is dramatically improving efficiency. For example, reducing delay is critical in blood alcohol testing. With an automated workflow, legal warrants can be obtained in a timely manner while eliminating errors such as missing data in an affidavit.
Hood County looked at 15+ solutions and chose frevvo. To obtain a Blood Warrant, forms are now filled out electronically by the officer. The magistrate remotely swears in the officer, reviews the warrant and signs off electronically or rejects. The officer prints out the exact PDF required by law including all signatures. The blood alcohol testing can proceed legally in a timely manner.
We have enjoyed working with Hood County a great deal and are grateful to have created this business relationship with them. Solving business needs through business agility is what we are passionate about. You can be our next success story, sign up today.
You can view the official Hood County Case Study here.
Are your employees still printing forms for routine day-to-day processes and signatures? Still searching through emails to find and track approvals? With secure, cloud-based, mobile-ready approval workflows from frevvo, employees can sign & approve in any language from anywhere and on any device. It’s fast, it’s easy and it’s amazingly affordable.
- How easy it is to use a pre-built template.
- Drag/drop to customize it for your needs.
- Deploy and use it on mobile devices in the cloud.
See how easily you can reduce paper use, streamline your organization and help the environment.
- Date: Wednesday, April 15.
- Time: 11:30 AM EST
- Duration: 45 minutes (including Q&A)
- Speaker: Nancy Esposito (frevvo)
Approval workflows are the lifeblood of your business. Purchase Requisitions, Sales Orders, Leave Approvals, Expense Reports, Employee On-boarding are just some of the routine day-to-day activities that business rely on to function.
These approval workflows are typically a bunch of forms that are filled out by customers, employees or partners and routed around the organization for comments and signatures. You’re probably doing it every single day.
So, why are you still sending PDF or Excel documents around by email? Why search through email to find that pending approval? Why print, sign and scan if a signature is required?
Digitize these approvals in frevvo’s Secure Cloud today. Your employees can stop chasing down approvals by email. I’m sure they all have smart phones. With frevvo, they can sign anytime, anywhere and from any device. It’s fast, it’s easy and it’s amazingly affordable.
If the 6 reasons to upgrade to Live Forms v5.3 was not enough to encourage you to schedule time to upgrade your frevvo software, here’s one more reason…
On October 5, 2014 v4.1.x will reach End of Live. v5.3 will be the last release that supports automated migration from v4.1.7+ and there will be no further critical patch updates to v4.1.x.
Time to plan your upgrade to v5.3 and gain all the benefits of much more beautiful forms and Mobile devices support. Download your v5.3 upgrade software here.
In Part 1 of this series, we discussed an approval process that collects comments/a signature from an external, anonymous person. This second pattern is another common approval process where an employee forwards a request to his/her manager. The manager can approve/reject the request or ask the employee for more information. A common variation is where a supervisor or VP has to further approve in some situations e.g. the amount is greater than $1,000.
Some examples might be:
- Employee submits a Purchase Requisition (purchase request).
- Vacation/Leave approval.
- Student course/schedule changes approved by advisor.
- Contract approval by supervisor.
- Expense report.
With frevvo 5.3, automating this process is straightforward.
- Drag and drop the internal employee form(s) into the workflow and use the Form Designer to layout/arrange controls. Typically, you’d add the manager and VP sections to this same form and hide them in the first step. Currently, this requires a simple business rule but we’ll soon be removing the need to write a rule.
- Use a linked step for the manager and configure it to route [dynamically] to the employee’s manager using a built-in template.
- If required, use a linked activity for the VP and configure it to route to the VP. Set a pre-condition on this activity so it only runs if the condition is true.
- The final step could be to route to an HR or Purchasing role, to integrate with a database or with a back end system.
That’s it. How does it work? The employee accesses the workflow (preferably via a frevvo space) and fills in the form, signs it and clicks Continue.
frevvo will send that employee’s manager a notification, which the designer can customize. The manager clicks on the notification [on any device], can view the purchase request and approve it or send it back for corrections. If approved, the workflow will be routed to the VP for further approval if the set condition is true otherwise it will continue to the next step for fulfillment.
Document workflows involving an approval process (a signature, comment, review or some combination) are a very common use case for our customers. In this series of articles, I’ll illustrate several design patterns and show you how to automate the workflow.
This first approval process starts with an internal employee requesting something from someone outside your organization. The external person fills in and signs one or more online forms without needing to login/authenticate. The completed documents then come back to the same or another internal employee for further processing.
Some examples might be:
- Collect one or more signatures on documents (purchase order, lease …).
- Request a quote from a supplier or vendor.
- Obtain a reference for a job application.
With frevvo 5.3, automating this process is trivial.
- Drag and drop the internal employee form(s) into the workflow and use the Form Designer to layout/arrange controls.
- Drop in a separate form (or use a linked activity) for the anonymous external person and add desired controls e.g. a signature. Make sure this step has no role or user assigned to it.
- Drop an Email activity in between. Configure the email address. Typically, you’d use a template so the email address of the recipient is entered by the internal employee. You probably want to customize the default email message as well.
- Drop in forms (or another linked activity) for the subsequent processing step by an internal employee. Make sure you either assign a role or a user to this step. For example, if you want the workflow to return to the originating person, you can use a template that’s automatically populated with that person’s user id.
That’s it. How does it work? Say, you’re requesting a quote from a vendor. The employee starts the process, enters the vendor’s email address and other information and clicks the Send button.
frevvo will send your customized email to the vendor with a unique URL. The vendor can click the URL and fill in the quote and sign it. Upon completion, he/she clicks the Continue button and the workflow returns to the originating employee. Vendor’s on the road using a smart phone or tablet? No worries – just click the link in your email and it’ll automatically render a mobile version.