In recent articles, we talked about how you can easily connect your frevvo forms and workflows to Google Drive and use it as a low-cost ECM system. While frevvo also works with more traditional ECM systems, we’ve noticed that some of our customers prefer to use box.com for their enterprise grade data and information security (HIPAA, PCI compliance etc.). Naturally they want to save documents (Student Registrations, Purchase Orders, W-4, Patient Referrals etc.) generated by automated frevvo forms and workflows to their secure box storage. We’re getting ready to release a box connector in V7.1 to enable this.
The steps are straightforward. Obviously, you must have a box account and will need the connector installed and configured (it’s already done for you if you’re using frevvo Cloud). Once that’s all setup:
- Login to your box account and create a folder for this workflow.
- Create your form or flow as usual. Generate a frevvo-PDF, map to your custom PDFs, upload attachments etc. Then, open the box wizard.
- Enter your box account.
- You’ll be redirected to login to box if necessary.
- Select the folder you just created in Step 1, setup a submission folder name (typically, this is set dynamically using form fields) and select the documents you want to upload (Snapshot PDF, XML data, uploaded files and generated PDFs).
- Use the form/flow normally, fill in data, sign the form etc. and submit it.
Now, login to your box account and navigate to the folder you created earlier in Step 1 above. See that it now contains a subfolder. The subfolder is dynamically named based on form data e.g. FirstName Initial_LastName. Every time a workflow is submitted a new subfolder will be created in this parent folder.
Inside the subfolder, you’ll see the uploaded files e.g. the frevvo generated PDF and a Federal W-4. You can click on the PDF to preview it directly in the box UI.