Does your organization uses Google Apps? If so, you can combine frevvo + Google Sheets/Drive etc. to create some really cool and useful solutions. In this multi-part series of articles, we’ll explore several possibilities:
- Save submissions from a frevvo form into a Google Sheet (this article).
- Perform automated mileage calculations using the Google Maps API.
- Create dynamic drop down controls where the choices come form a Google Sheet.
- Update a Google Sheet with values from a form.
- Save documents generated by your frevvo form to Google Drive.
- Put it all together to create a leave approval workflow that connects with a Google Sheet, routes between multiple users for signatures, updates the Google Sheet and saves PDF documents to Google Drive.
- Single Sign On to frevvo using your Google Apps credentials.
Let’s look at the most basic and common use case. You have a form and you want to collect your submissions in a Google Sheet.
Step 1: First, you have to get an access token. This is a one-time step. Login to your Google account and then visit: https://app.frevvo.com/google/consent. Follow the prompts and copy the access token and save it. Detailed documentation is here.
Step 3: Create your Google Spreadsheet. Make sure the column header names match the Name property of each control. You can view the spreadsheet we created for the form above at this link (it’s read-only). See how the column names are Name, Email, Street, City etc. The Name property of the corresponding control in the form is set to match exactly.
Step 4: Connect your form to your spreadsheet using the Save to Google Sheets wizard. Detailed documentation is here. You must login using your user id and auth token (from Step 1), select a spreadsheet and worksheet and click Finish.
That’s it. When the form is submitted, the data will be saved to the selected Google Sheet. You can perform all the usual operations on the data e.g. see the Graphs Tab in our example sheet and you can see how we have created some sample graphs to analyze our submission data.
Interested in learning more? Visit our website to view examples, watch videos, sign up for a free 30-day trial or contact us for more information.
Like what you see. Check out Part 2 which shows you how you can perform automated mileage calculations using the Google Maps API.