At frevvo, we’re gearing up for some big new feature releases this year. Our Engineers are hard at work right now on one of the most frequently requested [and delayed] features – Business Insights. We have a long list of powerful capabilities for real-world business applications (mobile forms, database connectivity, XML, workflow etc.) but it hasn’t been easy to see what’s going on operationally. That’ll change over the next few releases.
Monitor/Analyze in flexible ways.
You’ll be able to view things like:
- Which workflows are in process now?
- Who are they waiting for?
- How much time is being spent in each state?
- What’s the average time in each state?
- What regions are applications coming from?
etc. There are really an infinite number of ways to slice and dice.
Top-notch User Experience
We think that usability and aesthetics are two sides of the same coin. If it doesn’t look good, no one will use it.
- Many ways to visualize – pie charts, bar charts, gauges, tables, stacked charts etc. Choose whatever makes the most sense for your needs.
- Like everything in frevvo, it’ll all just work automatically on mobile devices and look natural. You don’t have to do anything.
- You can use dashboards/widgets in frevvo Spaces (which themselves look good on mobile) so you can access your forms & workflows and your dashboards from one place.
Easy Customization & Reusability
We’ve said before that the scarcest resource in most organizations is talent. Yet,in today’s business environment, it’s even more important to provide decision makers with timely information. Visual dashboards and reports can really help.
- Create your own dashboards just like you create forms. Drag & drop from a palette and hook the widget up to the data. That’s it. Under the covers, the dashboard is literally just a form (without a Submit button).
- You can use familiar techniques to position widgets, size them, show/hide them, dynamically update them etc. They behave just like form controls. There’s nothing new to learn.
- Since they ARE forms/flows, everything else works – internationalization, accessibility, access control, embedding, sharing, mobile views – it stays the same.
- Since charts/widgets are just regular controls, you’ll be able to use them anywhere in your forms as well (the ones with Submit buttons). No restrictions.
- Other areas of frevvo e.g. Submissions Views & Task List are also being improved to use some of these capabilities to provide a much better user experience.
Now, it’s going to take some time to get all this done and we’ll deliver over the course of many releases throughout the rest of the year. But we’re super-excited about these coming features. We’ll keep you updated via this blog or by email. Join our mailing list if you’d like to learn more.