October 30, 2014 Leave a comment
Field trips are an invaluable learning tool. But a positive learning experience takes significant planning and execution. One of the painful and expensive aspects is getting the necessary signatures from parents, collecting emergency information, medications and figuring out who can be chaperones.
This wastes paper, time & ultimately money. After getting the necessary approval from the principal/superintendent, teachers must hand out paper documents and forms to students (e.g. here’s Miami-Dade County’s packet of forms) and hope that students will take them home to parents, get them signed and bring them back. Of course, many students forget or they lose the form and teachers must follow up with students and parents.
Automating these parental permissions is easy with frevvo + Google Apps. It boils down to a few simple steps.
- Create a folder in Google Drive and a spreadsheet with student info.
- In the frevvo form, enter field trip details. frevvo will retrieve the list of students and automatically send an email to each parent with field trip details and a link to a permission form.
- Click the link, review information, sign electronically and submit.
- If you would like to chaperone, check the box and verify information.
- The list of students and chaperones is in the spreadsheet. View it anytime!
- frevvo will send reminders to parents who have not yet signed. No need to chase students down.
It’s fast, easy & affordable. Check out the infographic at right and if you like what you see, visit our web site or contact us for more information.