Automated approval workflow saves precious time for UC Davis students & faculty
September 11, 2014 Leave a comment
Departments at the University of California, Davis offer several internships to students. At the Department of Animal Sciences, applying for one was a tedious and manual process:
- The Student gets a form from the Advising Center, fills it out and submits it to the Center.
- The Advising Associate checks it for accuracy.
- The student then gets it approved/signed by the Field Supervisor.
- The student then gets it approved/signed by the Faculty Sponsor.
- The student then gets it approved/signed by the Master Advisor.
- The student then returns it to the Advising Associate who issues a CRN number and sends it via email to the student.
- The student uses the CRN number to register for the internship
The student has to track down multiple people and collect signatures/approvals – a time consuming and wasteful process. When any person is traveling, the approval gets delayed. The completed internship applications are paper documents stored in filing cabinets that are hard to locate and report on.
With frevvo, the Department now has all internship applications online. Check out this Case Study. The routing happens electronically freeing busy students from having to physically track down approvers. Field supervisors, faculty sponsors and advisors can instantly approve and sign online whether they are in Davis or anywhere in the world even using their mobile device. Documents are stored online as PDFs – they’re secure, easy to find and and report on.
It’s just one of many, many approval workflows that customers are automating with frevvo. Interested in learning more? Contact frevvo today.