6 Approval Workflows that you can easily automate with frevvo
January 22, 2014 Leave a comment
Many business workflows follow a common pattern. Someone (applicant, employee, customer) fills out a form in the first step and the form is then routed to one or more people (manager, reviewer) for comments, signatures and approval. It can be rejected, sent back to the original requester for modification, circulate among multiple reviewers (comment on a proposal), require multiple approvals (amount > 1000) etc. but fundamentally the pattern is the same. You can map this to paper forms in use today: it’s very common to have large sections for data entry followed by one or more “Office Use Only” type of sections.
It’s very easy to automate these workflows with frevvo. The request fills out the original form (or set of forms) electronically and frevvo routes it to the appropriate person or persons according to the desired business scenario. They’re notified and can take action instantly using any device e.g. instant approval using a smart phone. With e-signatures, PDF generation, full mobile support, built-in workflow, and available cloud deployment frevvo is an ideal and affordable solution for approval workflows. Of course, frevvo also has multiple integration options so you can save your data but that’s for another article.
Consider these areas of your business where you may be able to automate approval workflows.
- Expense Reports: Expense reports suck. Automate them easily. Check out our 3 minute video.
- Grant/Scholarship Approval: Common in colleges and nonprofits. It’s slow, expensive and opaque and exactly fits the above pattern.
- Purchasing: An employee needs to buy something but requires a manager’s approval. Additional approval may be needed if the amount is greater than some set amount.
- Leave Approval: Everyone needs a day off now and then. There’s no need to be stuck with paper or Word documents and having to hand it or email it to your manager. Check out this Tutorial.
- Compliance and Policy: Many regulatory requirements involve documenting incidents or certifications. The workflow is very similar: an accident report is filed and must be reviewed and signed by a responsible person in the company.
- Patient Referral: An admin or nurse fills out paperwork for a hospital procedure, which must be reviewed and approved by the doctor before it is forwarded to a hospital.
Approval workflows are everyday actions that businesses perform on a routine basis. Automating them saves time and money and increases your employees’ & customers’ happiness by freeing them from tedious everyday tasks. Now, who wouldn’t want that 🙂