Task List Improvements
September 9, 2011 Leave a comment
As customers use workflows, they’ve been telling us about some improvements they’d like to see. We’ve made a few changes with more on the way soon.
- We’ve added some shortcuts to the top for the most common searches.
- Click on “Recent” and you’ll now see a list of items that are pending for you to take action, forms/workflows that you have saved as well as workflows that you have recently participated in so that you can quickly check the status of, say, a pending Leave Approval request. This is the most commonly requested item.
- Click on “Saved” and you’ll see a list of forms & workflows that you have saved and are waiting for completion.
- With one click, you can now discard saved forms that you are no longer interested in.
- Tasks on your task list are also color-coded so it’s easy to see the status of a task: red ones are aborted, green ones are submitted and amber ones are pending.
- Saved searches. You’ll be able to search for tasks using certain criteria and save a shortcut that you can reuse in the future.
- View other people’s tasks. Today, you can only view a task if it is pending for you or if you have participated in the corresponding workflow. But, that’s usually not enough. Maybe there are a dozen Leave Approval processes pending throughout the company and HR wants to view the status of all of them.
- Read-only view of the current state. It’s like a paper form moving through the organization. I know it’s waiting for someone else to take action but I’d like to view the current state.